The weather up here on the Northumbrland coast is brutal..rain then cold weather then rain again..today it is flooded everywhere and blowing a hooligan and terential rain..prior to this two weeks ago in nice weather I put Queen excluders òn five colonies and a super as the bees where very busy..(bad decision)..?..all but one has carried on expanding the other four are stuck in limbo..
Yesterday we had 11°C and the bees where bringing pollen in so I gave another three colonies more room as they where desperate for it..I give these three and a weak six frame nuc fondant which I am glad I have done with today's weather and the rest of to foreseeing few days..
I have been lambing up here for the past 12yrs and had bees up here for six years and to date this is the worst the weather has ever been..I will be loosing the cherry and blackthorne blossom if it does not warm up soon and hopefully the OSR..
My main goal now is to keep the all alive regardless of a spring crop ready for the summer crop..
PS ordered more Fondant ..