BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• What suit should people start with?

• Beginners forum, ask beekeeping related questions and get help from other experienced beekeepers. Please use the Search Feature please to avoid duplicated threads
Beginners forum, ask beekeeping related questions and get help from other experienced beekeepers. Please use the Search Feature please to avoid duplicated threads
 #1446  by cambsbeekeep
 01 Dec 2018, 11:50
I agree, buy an all-in-one suit from one of the leading suppliers as they know how to make them to be secure and long-lasting. My BBWear all-in-one has done 6 years and is still secure and although has lots of stains on I am comfortable using it. I will replace with a beige coloured one instead of white when I need a new one. I bought a jacket and veil from BBWear (in Sage, so the beige colour) this year for those quick visits when I am not doing full inspection. It is easy to put on, with a zip up the front, and seems even stronger than the older all-in-one I bought 6 years ago, so they are maintaining their history of innovation I guess. Some colleagues in BKA use Sherriff, which seem equally good. Don't even think about buying a cheap suit, it will not last (zips, mesh veils and even seams seem to be the weakest points that go quickly). False economy!