BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• What suit should people start with?

• Beginners forum, ask beekeeping related questions and get help from other experienced beekeepers. Please use the Search Feature please to avoid duplicated threads
Beginners forum, ask beekeeping related questions and get help from other experienced beekeepers. Please use the Search Feature please to avoid duplicated threads
 #1391  by DianeBees
 21 Nov 2018, 16:53
I started with an all in one bee suit. Still got it, but don't wear it very often.

I mostly wear the thin tunics and have a selection of them so there's always at least one clean ready to go.

We put people in to all in one suits for our beginners sessions as people feel more protected and safe from bees finding ingress. We do a visual check that everyone is in their suits right before we get to the bees. We do have one tunic top - a zip up sherriff one we were given.

We have had sessions where people have tried on a variety of suits for style and sizing to help people decide which one they should get.
 #1397  by NigelP
 21 Nov 2018, 20:53
I'd highly recommend the Oz Armour suits. They are ventilated and guaranteed no stings through therm. I was beekeeping this hot summer in one with nothing but shorts on underneath.
Not cheap, but then quality rarely is.