BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Buying a new nuc

• Beginners forum, ask beekeeping related questions and get help from other experienced beekeepers. Please use the Search Feature please to avoid duplicated threads
Beginners forum, ask beekeeping related questions and get help from other experienced beekeepers. Please use the Search Feature please to avoid duplicated threads
 #10936  by SamBurke
 19 May 2021, 10:13
Looking for supplier recommendations please to purchase a 14 x 12 nuc with 2021 queen. I live in Buckinghamshire area & happy to travel up to 2 hours to collect.
 #10938  by NigelP
 19 May 2021, 14:08
You might want to contact Peter Little at Exmoor bees. might be over 2 hours but reputable seller or look up SIPA bees near Newbury.
Thus time of year most UK nucs will have 2020 queens unless queens have arrived from abroad. A little early in the UK for mating's due to abysmal April weather.
Welcome to the forum as well.
 #10946  by AdamD
 20 May 2021, 15:49
I have had many calls and emails from people wanting nucs. Nucs with 2020 queens are long gone and for my part of the world, local 2021 queens are not available; I usually have some queens by this time of year. I will start queen-rearing at the weekend; there's been no point until now as there haven't been many drones about.
I note that SIPA has had to destroy hundereds of queens due to bad weather. See Bad Weather and Mating in the Bee Chat forum.