BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Donate Option

• General Chat about Gardens & Flowers
General Chat about Gardens & Flowers
 #7076  by Steve 1972
 12 May 2020, 21:26
Just tried that Jazz and it did not work..i is on private settings..lol.
 #7081  by AdamD
 13 May 2020, 09:35
There was an issue a few years ago on the old, old BBKA forum, where some idiot (happened to be me!) posted a photo of something completely random (coffee cups I recall after some late-night posting) which, after a couple of years, Getty Images asked for a royalty fee. There was NO indication anywhere on the image or hidden in the image that it was a royalty image and Getty relented as BBKA is a charity - however it did put the BBKA office in a spin until it was sorted out, as the cost could have been quite high. Therefore the BBKA are naturally nervous about holding such images. I don't know what the law says in this regard - and as I am sure some of you will point out, that images can be posted here in any case, so they are visible. It's just a bit of a faff. I am guessing here, that any copyright infringement would be the responsibility of the third party site if there is just a link to the picture from here to that site, as opposed to actually uploading a copyrighted picture onto the BBKA forum where the BBKA might be responsible. Does anyone know a media lawyer?
 #7083  by Murox
 13 May 2020, 10:21
I am amazed that the BBKA did not address the issue when it arose - as a large charity it should have legal advice and insurance against various unforeseen eventualities shouldn't it ? Or was just not having the option the way of dealing with it ?