BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Queens for sale - 2019

• Please Ensure all sale of bees are checked & sold within the correct guidelines, State the location, Type and package/nuc/hive
Please Ensure all sale of bees are checked & sold within the correct guidelines, State the location, Type and package/nuc/hive
 #231  by Sipa
 09 Aug 2018, 12:06
We have Buckfast Mated Queens available. Bred by us in the UK.
Open for orders for 2019

Calm, gentle and productive bees. Well regarded by customers and bee inspectors.
We also supply virgin queens and overwintered queens.

To see more and place orders : http://www.honeybeenucs.co.uk/mated-buckfast-queen-bees-for-sale.html
Last edited by Sipa on 15 Feb 2019, 21:01, edited 4 times in total.
 #233  by AdamD
 10 Aug 2018, 09:14
Sipa,
Your website says that you do not bank queens - I would be interested to know how you will look after them if you have a surplus?
 #234  by Sipa
 10 Aug 2018, 11:04
Queens are in 6 frame nucs until required for shipping.
We have 400 nucs and 400 apideas.
 #235  by AdamD
 10 Aug 2018, 12:20
How have your mini-nucs/apideas been working for you this year? I tend to get some absconding when the weather is warm. This year it has been worse for me - even with a piece of queen excluder over the entrance I have lost a couple somehow!
 #236  by Sipa
 10 Aug 2018, 12:29
We lose the odd one but it's not an issue. We keep them in dappled shade so they get the stimulation of light but not intense heat from the sun. Seems to work for us. The key is not to let them get overstocked.
I also know beekeepers who keep them completely in the open without issues.