BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Free to good home .

• Please Ensure all sale of bees are checked & sold within the correct guidelines, State the location, Type and package/nuc/hive
Please Ensure all sale of bees are checked & sold within the correct guidelines, State the location, Type and package/nuc/hive
 #11218  by AdamD
 16 Jun 2021, 09:24
An out apiary is a good thing to have in these circumstances. If they really are intolerable, and you've had enough of them, then petrol might be the way to go? (Never done it myself, I have to say). You at least keep the equipment.
 #11232  by Bobbysbees
 16 Jun 2021, 21:05
Alfred wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 16:54
Code: Select all
https://www.bshoneybees.co.uk 
Sameday service and Ive had two queens from them previously,both very nice.
Ive had two others from a large online catalogue emporium that were torn apart but thats a different story....

Regardless of the hive status,some people will blame you for ANY bee in their garden so maybe time for an out-apiary before giving up altogether
I might try Bshoneybees as iv heard some good stuff about them.
Their service certainly cant be any worse than the uk excuse for Man Lake that's for sure. Had one nuc from them that ended up being sent back by Royal mail as it wasn't sealed properly and when it arrived I think there was maybe 2 and half seams of bees. tried one of their queens with my first split and that was not successful .
I think requeening them might work but its a long process that may result in the same temperament, nothing is certain where genetics are concerned
 #11243  by Spike
 17 Jun 2021, 11:52
Check Michael Bush's site
http://www.bushfarms.com/beesrequeeninghot.htm
 #11327  by Beesnhoney
 27 Jun 2021, 11:59
Alfred wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 16:54

Regardless of the hive status,some people will blame you for ANY bee in their garden so maybe time for an out-apiary before giving up altogether
I had that one too, I get blamed by neighbours even if they get stung by a wasp