BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• What are you currently making in the shed/garage/kitchen/patio/living room that's bee related

• Bee Hive building & a place to share howto's on equipment
Bee Hive building & a place to share howto's on equipment
 #6229  by Steve 1972
 07 Apr 2020, 12:55
I am living in a caravan for the next four weeks on a farm lambing..to kill a bit of time I am knocking super frames up and putting unwired foundation in them
..I have eighty to get through which will go with the 19 supers I already have full of drawn foundation..I nearly ran out of them last year so hopefully I will not this year.
 #6230  by Japey Edge
 07 Apr 2020, 13:51
Steve 1972 wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 12:55
I am living in a caravan for the next four weeks on a farm lambing..to kill a bit of time I am knocking super frames up and putting unwired foundation in them
..I have eighty to get through which will go with the 19 supers I already have full of drawn foundation..I nearly ran out of them last year so hopefully I will not this year.
Hmm I know of a Steve living in a caravan for a while whilst he lambs. Coincidence?

Looks like you'll be busy. I've been painting hives and nucs. Hoping to increase to 3 full size nationals and 2 nucs this season.
 #6302  by Chrisbarlow
 09 Apr 2020, 15:26
Been making up some transport boxes. Had the plywood cut a few weeks ago, just needed trimming and stapling together, floors and roofs adding
 #6611  by NigelP
 21 Apr 2020, 15:50
This is what Abelo poly supers look like after the wind has blown a stack of them over.
Some are now flat packed /wry grin/
Total disaster....9 broken...was like a a jig saw puzzle putting which bit with it's corresponding snapped off bit....
Still all are repairable, , some clamps, some gorilla glue and some very long wall screws to strengthen across the cracked surfaces.
Oh well I was wondering what I was going to do this week........