British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Coronavirus - essential travel only - affect your beekeeping

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #5998  by Chrisbarlow
 20 Mar 2020, 12:58
AndrewLD wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 11:33
For Christmas I bought the other half two books on using honey in cooking recipe
You star! I would not have dared do that 😂

Like the other thread.
 #6000  by NigelP
 20 Mar 2020, 13:11
Fortunately;ty for us we have been designated as key workers (food producers and sellers)...So every beekeeper is a key worker. I reckon if I keep a bee suit and a crate of honey in the car I should be pretty free to inspect/go fishing....
 #6001  by Chrisbarlow
 20 Mar 2020, 13:29
NigelP wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 13:11
Fortunately;ty for us we have been designated as key workers (food producers and sellers)...So every beekeeper is a key worker. I reckon if I keep a bee suit and a crate of honey in the car I should be pretty free to inspect/go fishing....
That's an interesting angle, but I really like it!
 #6029  by Chrisbarlow
 23 Mar 2020, 10:32
nealh wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 09:06
Beek's don't need to use the 'Key worker' monika as we have live stock to tend to prevent disease and starvation as the minimum requirement.
I will also be contacting my Farmers where I keep bees and saying I'll be checking my bees but I do not want to talk to them in person.
 #6038  by AndrewLD
 24 Mar 2020, 08:26
I have a single hive stuck in an out apiary and, looking ahead, thinking that things will get tighter and tighter - so exceptional measures are called for.
They are on 14x12 with an under-super (nadired for the terminologically picky). Normally I would remove that super and put it over the QE. However, after an apiary planning meeting (no wine served this time :o ) I am just going to leave it as is and now the oilseed rape is flowering, I'll pop a couple of supers on and come back in 3 weeks time.
I am going to end up with honey I cannot sell so I might as well give them lots of room to play with even if the risk is too much room.