BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• BBKA spring convention cancelled

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #5946  by DianeBees
 16 Mar 2020, 21:38
https://www.bbka.org.uk/2020-spring-convention-cancelled

It is with great regret that the BBKA has announced the cancellation of the 2020 Spring Convention scheduled for 3-5 April at Harper Adams University.

Full statement on the linked page.
 #5950  by AdamD
 17 Mar 2020, 09:21
I am not surprised. The world is going into shut-down. :(
 #5953  by Langdales
 17 Mar 2020, 13:06
But despite all the advice we still are running the exams this weekend maybe a rethink on this is needed as I am sure we are all aware our hobby is mainly done by older people some who have health issues. I understand that we have all had a note instructing us that we can defer but the BBKA does have a duty of care and should lead on this topic. But thats my opinion and we know that all beekeepers have many opinions so what do you think??
 #5954  by DianeBees
 17 Mar 2020, 14:43
AA should have received an updated message to exam secretaries very recently from the exam board!

Update re Coronavirus

Yesterday, there was a new statement that escalated the precautions we need to take to limit the spread of this disease to a different level. Consequently it is with great regret that the Examinations Board has decided they must act within the Government guidelines and cancel the Examinations on March 21st.

We know how much work the candidates have put into the preparation for these exams and the decision has not been made lightly but we do not wish to put invigilators or candidates at risk for an activity which is not essential.

The free transfer of applications will extend to March 2021.