BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Clearing honey bees

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #2909  by BuntyBees
 04 May 2019, 12:18
I’m after some help please.
I am giving a talk in a few weeks time on “Clearing honeybees”, as part of my Advanced Husbandry exam.
I thought I would carry out some basic research on what methods people use to clear bees and why they have made that choice, with a view to seeing if there is a difference with experience, number of colonies, etc.

To collect responses I’ve generated an online survey, which I’d be really grateful if you would complete for me please. It will take you about 3 minutes. Link below. Thank you in anticipation.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2PDSHV2
 #2953  by cambsbeekeep
 08 May 2019, 15:34
It's worth noting that this survey seems to have been closed by the author now, having achieved 100 responses. Just to save people the effort of trying to find it to complete. Would have been nice if the author could have posted a note to that effect.
 #2970  by MickBBKA
 09 May 2019, 01:52
I never respond to these requests, Its all about me me me. What do you get out of it..?

Cheers, Mick.
 #2978  by Jim Norfolk
 09 May 2019, 10:12
What did I get out of it?
Knowing that I have helped someone who asked nicely. I must be one of the 100 as I responded the same day.

Good luck with your presentation Buntybees.
 #2999  by MickBBKA
 10 May 2019, 03:33
Jim Norfolk wrote:
09 May 2019, 10:12
What did I get out of it?
Knowing that I have helped someone who asked nicely. I must be one of the 100 as I responded the same day.

Good luck with your presentation Buntybees.
What help did you get for your efforts ? What info did you derive from it ? Has it helped your beekeeping knowledge ? Do you think the results will be skewed if only people who respond without thought of a reply respond ? Just wondering ?
I think if folks want to survey they should at least share the results with those who respond, if not who learns by it ?