• Cut out options and advice..

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #11637  by Steve 1972
 02 Aug 2021, 17:19
AdamD wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 17:14
That looks like a fair sized colony.
'Hope the queen survives the onslaught of bees.
Me too Adam..it is just a waiting game now..either way i have helped the people get rid of them without them having to pay a penny..
 #11643  by Steve 1972
 02 Aug 2021, 18:58
My mate prices per meter i will get back to you at some point with a price Alfred..hire is not a option unless it is going to be up for a long time..so two weeks would be nothing..however some greedy hungry companies do charge hire so they can put a lower initial price in to get the job..not forgetting mind you prices up here are cheaper than down sarf..
 #11731  by Steve 1972
 15 Aug 2021, 12:53
Got a phone call from the house owners today to tell me that they have just come back from holiday yesterday and the house is full of bees in every room..she even got stung so she wanted the trap out moved as she thinks this will stop the bees getting in her house..i tried to explain that it will not stop them and after another couple of weeks the colony should have failed in the house..but she still wanted it moved now..just as well it is not the best of flying days but i will still have lost a lot of flying bees..
 #11735  by MickBBKA
 16 Aug 2021, 00:31
Its important to always remember, you get no thanks when it goes right and all the blame when it goes wrong, another reason I dropped out of swarm collecting.
 #11736  by Alfred
 16 Aug 2021, 07:31
Steve 1972 wrote:My mate prices per meter i will get back to you at some point with a price Alfred..hire is not a option unless it is going to be up for a long time..so two weeks would be nothing..however some greedy hungry companies do charge hire so they can put a lower initial price in to get the job..not forgetting mind you prices up here are cheaper than down sarf..
It was out of interest Steve
I put a new roof on a house I was doing up about 20 yrs ago.
For two runs 20 m long with a work hight of 4 m they wanted 3 grand for a fortnight.

Whats happening now with those bees?
 #11741  by Steve 1972
 16 Aug 2021, 10:56
MickBBKA wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 00:31
Its important to always remember, you get no thanks when it goes right and all the blame when it goes wrong, another reason I dropped out of swarm collecting.
I will not be doing it again Mick..a total waste of my time and effort..and to top it of I have been poorly inbetween humping that brood box 11ft up.
 #11742  by Patrick
 16 Aug 2021, 15:39
All I can say Steve is you gave it the best shot you could have and a whole lot more than they could have reasonably expected from just about anyone else without your particular skills. Good on yer, pal :)
 #11743  by Steve 1972
 16 Aug 2021, 15:43
Alfred wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 07:31
It was out of interest Steve
I put a new roof on a house I was doing up about 20 yrs ago.
For two runs 20 m long with a work hight of 4 m they wanted 3 grand for a fortnight.

Whats happening now with those bees?
That is a lot of Money Alfred..you would not pay that these days and you get no time limit on how long you have the scaffold..