BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• COLOSS Survey

• Honeybee pests and diseases.
Honeybee pests and diseases.
 #7563  by AdamD
 03 Jun 2020, 10:38
The honey bee colony loss monitoring group has a survey on winter losses which is available to complete online at
www.bee-survey.com/index.pho/958611.
This is not the same as the BBKA survey and has only recently been made available to English beekeepers to complete.
Closing date is 5 June. (BBKA magazine incorrectly says 15th June).
The group are encouraging as many beekeepers as possible to complete if you can.
 #7564  by stechad
 03 Jun 2020, 10:59
AdamD wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 10:38
www.bee-survey.com/index.pho/958611.
your link has an error Adam

https://www.bee-survey.com/index.php/958611
 #7589  by Murox
 04 Jun 2020, 10:17
Why are the so called links unclickable ?
Is it normal to need to copy it, go out of the forum pages, go into the browser and then paste the "link". Makes using any forum links rather clumsy and unwieldy.
 #7590  by NigelP
 04 Jun 2020, 10:55
I think the BBKA went for "free" forum software that has several drawbacks including unclickable links and no picture uploads. Rather than pay for something decent like vBulletin.
 #7591  by Murox
 04 Jun 2020, 11:00
Shame on them then. makes it seem as though the forum was not thought useful or important by the managing body - perhaps its not to them ?
 #7592  by AdamD
 04 Jun 2020, 12:36
Pictures were available but are not now which might be something to do with data size as well as copyright issues. I don't know if links could be made available. I will check with Admin and see.
It is the case that the Forum was an afterthought after the previous one was removed and the intention was to use Facebook only. Admin did a great job in getting it up and running. I believe that the forum serves a good purpose - so keep posting!
 #7595  by Murox
 04 Jun 2020, 13:27
I am glad that facebook was not chosen, far too commercial and I suspect not used by as many folk as we may be led to believe. "An afterthought" - that does rather explain all the shortcomings. I find that rather sad for the administrator who clearly puts a lot of effort into maintaining a less than adequate site.
 #7601  by NigelP
 04 Jun 2020, 17:02
I'm certianly with you on that Murox. I do not like facebook and rarely ever use it. Social media dinosaur, that's me.
 #7602  by Murox
 04 Jun 2020, 17:42
I rarely find that social media is in fact social. Its frequently amoral and facebook in particular was more than reckless in the way it handled information, additionally it lack(s)ed willingness to address obvious shortcomings.