BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Feeding an introduced nuclear

• Beginners forum, ask beekeeping related questions and get help from other experienced beekeepers. Please use the Search Feature please to avoid duplicated threads
Beginners forum, ask beekeeping related questions and get help from other experienced beekeepers. Please use the Search Feature please to avoid duplicated threads
 #8358  by Andy_mac
 30 Jul 2020, 11:30
Hi Forumites,
A nuc that I have is bursting at the seams and I'm planning on moving into a national poly hive.
Is it too late in the season to be doing that?
If I do, should I feed the colony to help it draw the new foundation for the 5 frames I'll be adding?
 #8359  by NigelP
 30 Jul 2020, 12:34
No, it's not too late at all. Very sensible to feed and let them draw the new frames out. I'm assuming you have no major flow on where you are.
 #8360  by AdamD
 30 Jul 2020, 13:55
I have/will be moving nucs into bigger boxes as required until September. I have colonies in a 5 frame wooden and a 6 frame poly nuc that both need bigger boxes this weekend.
 #8363  by Andy_mac
 30 Jul 2020, 16:42
Bramble is going over and while there is a bit of Rosebay Willow Herb the bees don't seem overly interested in it..
NigelP wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 12:34
No, it's not too late at all. Very sensible to feed and let them draw the new frames out. I'm assuming you have no major flow on where you are.
 #8364  by Chrisbarlow
 30 Jul 2020, 17:22
If no flow like balsam then just feed