BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• RANT! Who runs beekeepinglinks.co.uk?

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #7309  by I'll Bee Back
 22 May 2020, 17:50
Who is responsible for this out-dated really annoying, no REALLY ANNOYING website beekeepinglinks.co.uk?

Swarm contacts DECADES out of date, broken contacts link, hidden whois, AGHHHH!

The owner needs to get a grip! A dear old beekeeper is getting swamped with calls, she was a swarm contact seventeen years ago!
 #7310  by AdamD
 22 May 2020, 18:53
A cry for help!
I do recall someone taking the old BBKA swarm collectors list from eons ago and posting it on a website - maybe it's the same list?
Unfortunately Nominet does not give as much information about who owns websites as it used to do.

The "contact us" page doesn't work and the list of suppliers seems to be a random old list - some no longer exist that I am aware of.
The Information Comissioners Office deals with data protection. Most businesses have to register with the Data Protection Office now. Strangely, it costs more to register with the ICO than to register a company at Companies House, so the ICO should be well-funded. The owners of the website may be committing an offence under the GDPR regulations if they haven't got your permission to have your details and the ICO may be able to act on your behalf.
 #7315  by I'll Bee Back
 23 May 2020, 09:33
An excellent idea, thank you.

I'll set to and write to The Information Comissioners Office, let's see if we can give this old beekeeper a bit of peace.