BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Hi from South Shropshire

• Beginners forum, ask beekeeping related questions and get help from other experienced beekeepers. Please use the Search Feature please to avoid duplicated threads
Beginners forum, ask beekeeping related questions and get help from other experienced beekeepers. Please use the Search Feature please to avoid duplicated threads
 #7033  by curly green finger's
 12 May 2020, 12:23
NigelP wrote:
12 May 2020, 11:56
curly green finger's wrote:
12 May 2020, 11:31
How do you post links and photos folks?
There is no facility to directly upload pictures to the forum, which is a shame.
You need to host pictures on another site like imgbb.com and then get the address of the picture click the picture icon above and past the URL between the brackets. A good tip if using windows 10 is open picture and got to three dots top right hand side and select resize, chose smallest option and it fits pretty well.

I'll keep trying on my phone.. The laptop is permanently in use by the children I can't get a look in.
 #7034  by curly green finger's
 12 May 2020, 12:28
Sugar honey ice tea!
I've just done some watering in the tunnel looks like I've a colony that's ready to swarm they are only a single brood with three supers on.
A/s time I'm going in to early in the day to be oriantating??
 #7037  by curly green finger's
 12 May 2020, 12:45
curly green finger's wrote:Sugar honey ice tea!
I've just done some watering in the tunnel looks like I've a colony that's ready to swarm they are only a single brood with three supers on.
A/s time I'm going in to early in the day to be oriantating??
Nope back on the flow but this colony are getting a demaree today pronto. :oops:
 #7038  by AdamD
 12 May 2020, 12:51
'Nice lot of stuff there, Nigel. With your lone Paynes super in the pile.
 #7053  by NigelP
 12 May 2020, 16:13
Murox wrote:
11 May 2020, 23:03

Thank you. I do indeed, its always windy here even when its good weather - straight off the Atlantic - might have been 20+ degrees in the south yesterday but here it topped out 12 degrees during the afternoon.
I meant to ask you whether you are in a varroa free area of Scotland?
I know some parts have yet to experience their delights.
 #7057  by Murox
 12 May 2020, 16:40
NigelP wrote:
12 May 2020, 16:13
Murox wrote:
11 May 2020, 23:03

Thank you. I do indeed, its always windy here even when its good weather - straight off the Atlantic - might have been 20+ degrees in the south yesterday but here it topped out 12 degrees during the afternoon.
I meant to ask you whether you are in a varroa free area of Scotland?
I know some parts have yet to experience their delights.
Not completely, however so far I have kept them to a minimum ( like under 10 count) after an oxalic vape. :D I had to learn about varroa as they did not exist here when I previously kept bees. :!:
 #7067  by NigelP
 12 May 2020, 17:36
AdamD wrote:
12 May 2020, 12:51
'Nice lot of stuff there, Nigel. With your lone Paynes super in the pile.
Well noticed Adam....
All Paynes hive parts are gone now. Using Paynes and Abelo's hive was ...shall we say problematic. Now unified to one system. Not that there was anything wrong with either...just needed to have a single hive type and Damien (Abelo bees) is much nearer.