BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Resizing Photos.

• General Chat about Gardens & Flowers
General Chat about Gardens & Flowers
 #6266  by Steve 1972
 08 Apr 2020, 16:51
Hello all how do you resize your pictures to post on the forum when using a mobile phone..I have no access to my PC till the beginning of May..
 #6267  by Chrisbarlow
 08 Apr 2020, 16:58
Having not done it... Important point..

I believe you have to post the photo to a third party website and then link the address on here through a link.

I suspect you'd been able to resize it on third party site.

I'm sure some else will come along and point out a better way if I'm not correct
 #6268  by Japey Edge
 08 Apr 2020, 17:05
I host all my photos on my OneDrive - which generates an "embed" link to paste into here using the ['img] [/img'] tags.
On my OneDrive, when I generate an embed link, it asks if I want it original size, Large, Medium or Small.

It helps to crop them to the ideal picture and then determine the resolution after :D
 #6370  by AndrewLD
 12 Apr 2020, 11:33
Japey Edge wrote:
I host all my photos on my OneDrive - which generates an "embed" link to paste into here using the ['img] [/img'] tags.
On my OneDrive, when I generate an embed link, it asks if I want it original size, Large, Medium or Small.

It helps to crop them to the ideal picture and then determine the resolution after :D
Thank you, that is very helpful.
I have looked up a jpg in my OneDrive and can see various sharing options in the drop down list when I highlight a file and right-click. I could just edit in paint or something and resize; but I am not seeing an embed link or the options you describe. Where exactly are they when you are in file manager with the details of files on your OneDrive?
Thanks
 #6371  by NigelP
 12 Apr 2020, 13:01
If you open your photos using the windows ten default picture viewer ...if you look to the top right of the screen/edge of programme box....there are three horizontal dots ...
Click on them and one of the options is to resize the image, do them as small and it's just about the right size for viewing on the forum.

#6373  by Japey Edge
 12 Apr 2020, 13:18
AndrewLD wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 11:33
Japey Edge wrote:

Thank you, that is very helpful.
I have looked up a jpg in my OneDrive and can see various sharing options in the drop down list when I highlight a file and right-click. I could just edit in paint or something and resize; but I am not seeing an embed link or the options you describe. Where exactly are they when you are in file manager with the details of files on your OneDrive?
Thanks
As far as I know, it can't be done on the OneDrive mobile app. If you go to the website, open the image you want to share, then at the top should be the option "embed". Click it and a pane will come up on the right hand side with the share URL. Then just select from the drop down menu which size you want.

As far as I can tell, image editing, even cropping, can't be done online with OneDrive. I have to download the image, crop it, then upload again before sharing it.

It's a bit of a chew but if you think in advance (when you take the photo) you can edit the image prior to uploading.