BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• What are you currently making in the shed/garage/kitchen/patio/living room that's bee related

• Bee Hive building & a place to share howto's on equipment
Bee Hive building & a place to share howto's on equipment
 #6613  by NigelP
 21 Apr 2020, 17:13
Uninhabited by bees....even my best hives don't require a stack of 9 supers..... :)
Filled with a mixture of drawn and undrawn frames, most of which miraculously survived....their survival by the boxes shattering and taking the brunt of the fall.
My own fault should have had them ratchet strapped together...it's is a problem with poly supers they are very light compared to wooden ones and I wasn't expecting a strong NE wind today, that usually stays around Teesside.../wry grin/
Looks worse than it is...... all will be repaired....just knocked the hell out of any resale value...
 #6854  by Chrisbarlow
 04 May 2020, 16:33
Got some 3 old ply brood boxes brought back home that have seen much better days. Will be replacing them with cedar boxes. Made a couple up, got another to do.
 #6877  by NigelP
 05 May 2020, 08:48
You need to host your pictures on a web site, imgBB is okay. Then you need to find the url (web) address of your photo and copy it.
Hit the image icon (picture with mountain) and paste between the brackets. If you go preview and can't see your image it's the wrong address Alas ImgBB gives several.
Another tip is (if using windows 10) open image and click on the three dots at the top right and choose resize and go for the smallest option. Otherwise your pictures can load as huge.
 #7170  by Steve 1972
 16 May 2020, 10:12
Nantmoel wrote:
16 May 2020, 09:51
Making 8 grafting frames, but only two for me other are for a two other beekeepers.
Hello Brian good to see you on here..i have been blocked on the other one for reasons unknown so i can not log on or read any PMs i have sent..i will be extracting today so i can start getting through them 2000 poly labels you made me.. ;)