British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Fully drawn Comb available for sale.

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #6962  by NigelP
 10 May 2020, 10:34
It had to come...
Check out http://hexacells.com/product
They are producing a fully food grade compliant wax drawn combs, claiming it is similar to beeswax in construction and properties.
I can't find a price but an interesting product.
Initial thoughts are problems with purity of reclaimed beeswax as will be diluted with "their" wax so can see problems in that direction, but to be able to buy fully drawn comb....WOW!

#6966  by Japey Edge
 10 May 2020, 12:49
As someone with not enough drawn comb, that turns my head. I would give it a go - trial it on a small nuc maybe and monitor their progress.

And Ste you're right - or if they cut it into a square for a mating nuc it could even be the rotated 90 degrees like I nearly did with my foundation last year 🙄
 #6967  by Alfred
 10 May 2020, 13:16
JP I think you're supposed to use starter strip in those boxes- you'll get three sections from an inch cut off a bs foundation sheet

I'd imagine this artificial stuff is waxmoth proof and stable when warm but the adulteration issue is a real concern
 #6968  by Japey Edge
 10 May 2020, 13:38
Hi Alfred. I opted for cutting a square from super foundation and jamming it in the frames. It worked great when I got it the right way up
 #7560  by hexacells
 03 Jun 2020, 10:04
Dear Beekeepers,

We are the manufacturer of Hexacells Comb.
If you have any question or you want to try the product, we are happy to help you with all needed information and we can supply the combs directly.
The basic informations you find on the website :
www.hexacells.com

I have asked this supplier not to promote their products on the forum in future. Adam. (Moderator).
 #7562  by stechad
 03 Jun 2020, 10:34
hexacells wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 10:04
Dear Beekeepers,

We are the manufacturer of Hexacells Comb.
If you have any question or you want to try the product, we are happy to help you with all needed information and we can supply the combs directly.
The basic informations you find on the website :
www.hexacells.com
It would be interesting to try particularly 14x12 brood as this can slow things down when expanding colonies, there is no information on cost of the product or suppliers.
 #7580  by stechad
 03 Jun 2020, 17:44
NigelP wrote:
10 May 2020, 10:34

I can't find a price but an interesting product.
Hi All,
out of interest I thought I would get a price on this stuff in 14x12 brood size, here is the reply that I received, the price looks tempting to me but obviously not worth ordering for small quantities, They need an agent really.

Please quote for
50 x comb 282mm high x 335mm wide

Best Regards
Steve

Dear Steve,

Thank you for the information about the needed size.
If we'll produce the product at that size it will cost 3,8 EUR/piece. In the case of ordering full pallets or container the price is more beneficial. The shipping costs 70 EUR in the course of your quantity.
Please confirm your order and we'll send you the invoice.

Best Regards,
Tamás Kusnyér
Hexacells Team