British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Online training

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #6364  by NigelP
 12 Apr 2020, 09:17
AndrewLD wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 20:25
Joke about this if you like but these programs are not offered out of charity.
Nope you need to pay for using Zoom if your conference is over 40 minutes long. Plans start from £12 to £16 per month, not cheap.
The fact the UK government used Zoom to host their virtual cabinet meeting gives me some faith in it.
 #6365  by AdamD
 12 Apr 2020, 09:18
I believe that recordings on Zoom are the property of zoom and they can do what they like with the data. (Must be true, I read it in Private Eye!).
A conspiracy theorist might say that now the Chinese have destroyed "the west" with only 6000 Chinese deaths - which is a cheap war in human terms, they could now go for our economies with a computer virus!

Back on topic. The Norfolk Honey Company (Stuart Spinks) does some decent videos. Are there other that are worth watching for the beginner?
 #6369  by NigelP
 12 Apr 2020, 11:23
AdamD wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 09:18
I believe that recordings on Zoom are the property of zoom and they can do what they like with the data. (Must be true, I read it in Private Eye!).
A conspiracy theorist might say that now the Chinese have destroyed "the west" with only 6000 Chinese deaths - which is a cheap war in human terms, they could now go for our economies with a computer virus!
Simple solution.....don't use the recording mode in Zoom.
I don't think they need a computer virus to wreck our economy's, their coronavirus has done a pretty good job on that..
 #6595  by NigelP
 20 Apr 2020, 20:57
Lovely online meeting tonight via Zoom with Tees Bees. Talk by Dr Margarita Gomez Escalada on propolis, very good .....with the proviso it cures everything from bad teeth to cancer /sly grin/.
But seriously very interesting stuff about a hive product that is poorly understood.
Good to see online tools being used constructively.