I've got some decent nucs that I've moved into bigger 8 frame boxes however I have a few queens I want to replace, so I started on my last round of queen-raising a week ago and thought that a colony that was superceding the queen was suitable. (A collected cut-out from May/June with 7 frames of brood). They had a couple of supercedure queencells and had chucked out the queen - I saw her dead on the grass outside the entrance. Nine grafts went in. A day later there were 6 which was OK. Two days later there were just 2, which rang alarm bells; not yet sealed, I left them in. I went in to check a couple of days later - this weekend - and then there were none. I can only assume that there is a supercedure queen that snuck out before I removed the 2 supercedure queencells, although I looked through all the frames very carefully by shaking bees off them and could see no sign of an extra queencell. And they are not behaving like they have a queen compared to how they were when queenright. Time will tell. I have now made another colony queenless and will start all over again!
May your bees read the same books as you do.