• What have you done today bee-related?

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #4601  by Chrisbarlow
 25 Aug 2019, 14:42
making brood frames up. the joys
 #4602  by NigelP
 25 Aug 2019, 17:33
Selling honey at Farmers market and same tomorrow at Farndale show. Estimate I can pop over to Bookers and Abelo's mid week and blow a huge wadge of cash on sugar and a load of their Ashford feeders.....and then build my mixing machine. Sump pump and tubing has all arrived...it cannot fail ...can it :shock:
 #4603  by Caroline
 25 Aug 2019, 21:58
Like Patrick and Adam, I'm running late with honey extraction (again) compared to majority in this neck of the woods.

Put clearer boards on the four hives in main apiary at 8:30 pm this evening. Extract tomorrow (what else is there to do on a bank holiday Monday!). Hive in other location needs clearing but realised didn't have a 5th clearer board! Will do that in the morning so they can clear down whilst I extract supers from the first apiary.

Been a bad season for me trying to get to the bees (work and weather combined to make life difficult) and most of my inspections have been 4 weeks apart. Think I missed one swarm, so not bad considering the time between inspections!
 #4605  by Chrisbarlow
 26 Aug 2019, 09:42
Congrats Japey. It's a great feeling
 #4606  by Patrick
 26 Aug 2019, 13:28
Nice one Jazz! Looks cracking honey, no sweat re stuff on top- clingfilm or a teaspoon sort that out. You’ve earned every spoonful.

Caroline thoughts are with you at this difficult time! Clearers went on Saturday and then yesterday had domestic crisis ( offset by cricket on the radio 👍👍👍) and today had emergency call to do work on site in Devon - mmmm M5 on Bank Holiday Monday. Thanks for that.

So every chance bees will be starting to find their way back through clearers at this rate. It’s going to be a late one y’all... :roll:
 #4607  by Japey Edge
 26 Aug 2019, 14:04
Certainly is a great feeling thanks Chris and Patrick :D

Will try the cling film trick. Gave a small jar to friends and they like it so I'm happy :lol:
 #4613  by Japey Edge
 26 Aug 2019, 18:15
NigelP wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 17:50
Japey Edge wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 14:04
Gave a small jar to friends and they like it so I'm happy :lol:
Tut tut....... 8-)
That could have been a fiver towards your next hive.
:lol: :lol: :lol: haha I need to start seeing jars as currency! A crown board in the Thorne sale will cost me 1.2 jars, an acrylic quilt 2 jars etc. etc. :lol: