BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• Mail order bees...

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #10268  by Bobbysbees
 17 Mar 2021, 19:09
Having shopped around online I find the prices for nucs frankly disgustingly high. Does anyone have a recommendation for somewhere under the £250 mark.
Before everyone jumps on me for not asking my local association. I still haven't joined one as I'm still learning my self at my own speed. I do have a course booked for this year at a local honey farm. which comes with a free nuc od bees and a full size hive in with the price. So worth going just for that really
 #10279  by AdamD
 18 Mar 2021, 11:58
Not if you're selling them!
Seriously, with the reduction of imports this year, early bees will be in short supply so the price will be higher than usual, is my best guess.
 #10280  by Alfred
 18 Mar 2021, 12:14
Exploitative pricing
Panic buying
Theft
Don't we just love those mortals :lol:
 #10281  by Bobbysbees
 18 Mar 2021, 13:40
The course is 5 days. Okay not long but i still figure that any hands on experience and advice is well worth having.
I have found a few courses online but they just consist of a reading list a few videos and some very basic quiz stuff.
I personally have no objection to reading every bee book I can lay my hands on but the online stuff (in my opinion)
is just too basic and no substitute be being there in person and getting hands on.
+