BBKA Forum

British Beekeepers Association Official Forum 

• BBKA News archive site?

• General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
General Q&A, Bee chat and only Bee chat please
 #6317  by DianeBees
 10 Apr 2020, 11:37
How many of you use the BBKA News archive site?

How many of you use it regularly?

What are your thoughts about the BBKA News archive site?

All comments very welcome!
 #6324  by Chrisbarlow
 10 Apr 2020, 15:35
It's great

I use it periodically for back issues and finding old articles About a given area

It would be better if the articles were stripped out and indexed by topic

It's a real treasure trove that is not given the exposure it deserves
 #6326  by AdamD
 11 Apr 2020, 08:39
I haven't been on the news archive bit for a long long time. And there's no facility to reset my password so I can't. :(
The non-members part of the website doesn't have much on there that's of any interest. A while ago there were some good leaflets available (some of which I still have somewhere, from when I joined). I can't understand why much of the members area (which I can get onto) is secret from non members?
 #6335  by AndrewLD
 11 Apr 2020, 16:50
In my Asian Hornet briefing to local/county associations I now put a reference in relevant PowerPoint slides to my articles in the BBKA News month/year so that those wanting more detail can refer to the corresponding article(s); and I remind audiences that the BBKA News back issues are available on the website. In case they have mislaid their hard copy.
So for me it is a very useful service. If it was not available as a reference source I can easily see a situation in which the hornet arrives in an apiary and the beekeeper is wondering "what did that chap who came to talk to us say we should do", "where did I put that copy"?
 #6438  by DianeBees
 14 Apr 2020, 15:30
AdamD wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 08:39
I haven't been on the news archive bit for a long long time. And there's no facility to reset my password so I can't. :(
The non-members part of the website doesn't have much on there that's of any interest. A while ago there were some good leaflets available (some of which I still have somewhere, from when I joined). I can't understand why much of the members area (which I can get onto) is secret from non members?
A new generic login is available - see your current April copy of the BBKA News that should have come through your letter box earlier this month!

Some leaflets are available as downloads free still.
 #6442  by AdamD
 14 Apr 2020, 19:32
I'll have a go Diane, thanks for the info!