The Yorkshire Spring conference is on the 18/04/20

Held at Great Yorkshire Showground @ Harrogate, price including lunch is £25

https://ybka.org.uk/event/ybka-conference/

Some good talks and thornes there with a trade stall. stall prices here

https://www.thorne.co.uk/sale-days

Timetable Details
08-30

to 09-15
Registration – please arrive for registration and refreshments to be completed by 9-15 am
09-15 Dave Shannon (YBKA Chairman), Opening remarks, presentation of awards and introduction of speakers
09-45 Gerry Collins (NDB) begins the lecture program with an entertaining, well-illustrated talk, entitled:

“What to do about this?”

He will consider many common beekeeping problems and guide us to their solution.
11-15 Tony Jefferson will give a short presentation, entitled:

“Oh heck, queen cells! – What do I do now?”

With the aid of a dummy hive, this is a demonstration of simple swarm control measures, intended to help you when are caught out by finding queen cells.
12-00 Lunch. Time for the greeting of old friends and the making of new. A chance to browse the trade stands for bargains. An opportunity for general discussion.
13-30 Gerry Collins will introduce Mini Nucleus Hives and his methods of working with them. This talk will cover the benefits, successes and pitfalls of managing the mini nucleus
14-30 Comfort Break
15-00 In his own, inimitable, style Jim Pearson will discuss the merits of raising your own queens, in a talk, humorously entitled:

“HOW MUCH??? – £40 for a queen! Don’t you know you are in Yorkshire? – we want good ones and for FREE!”

This is not a detailed talk about the complexities of queen rearing – but is structured to show and encourage us all that it is not difficult to raise your own queens. The satisfaction from doing so is one of the many pleasures of beekeeping
16-00 Finally – Questions and Answers

A review of the day and a chance to put additional questions to the speakers and the YBKA GPC Committee.

Your chance to give feedback and suggest topics for future events
 #5807  by NigelP
 28 Feb 2020, 18:46
Short on speakers. I see with Gerry talking twice.
I shall decline to attend.
If I told them how much I pay for some queens (in Yorkshire) and how much honey they and their offspring generate..... there will be fall outs...
 #5811  by Chrisbarlow
 28 Feb 2020, 19:50
NigelP wrote:
Short on speakers. I see with Gerry talking twice.
I shall decline to attend.
If I told them how much I pay for some queens (in Yorkshire) and how much honey they and their offspring generate..... there will be fall outs...
Ouch Nigel. I might go, I will see, I enjoy Gerrys talks. Hes a really good speaker.
 #5819  by MickBBKA
 29 Feb 2020, 02:20
NigelP wrote:
Ha ! the ' Black bee ' brigade will hunt you down sometime soon.... :lol: